The Giga tote is perfect for days when there is a lot to carry. A spacious, lightweight but strong tote, featuring sturdy vegetable tanned bridle handles. The bag is cut and sewn in Suffolk then sent to us in Clapton for finishing. We hand edge paint the straps and attach them in-house. The bag can be folded in and clipped at the sides to make a smaller and more triangular shape, or used open for full effect. Made from water resistant British waxed cotton and finished with Italian brass hardware in silver colour.
- Size: Height 42 cm x Width 48cm x Depth 17cm
- Strap length: 66 cm
- Cobalt coloured British water resistant waxed cotton
- Chocolate coloured Italian vegetable tanned leather handles.
- Cut and sewn in Suffolk and sent to us in Clapton to attach handles
- Inside slip pocket
- Simple unlined interior
- Side Popper tabs in bridle leather to fold bag smaller
- Silver Colour Italian Silver Hardware
This is made using waxed cotton from Halley Stevenson, who have been making high quality cloth in Dundee since 1864. A classic heritage cloth, waxed cotton is water and wind resistant, but also breathes well. This makes it perfect for everyday wear, be that in a rain mac or a handbag.
Traditional waxed cotton should not be machine or hand washed with any detergents, as this will strip the wax coating off and may lead to uneven marks in the cloth. We recommend sponge cleaning the material with water, and mud/dirt should always be left to dry before being brushed off. Many of our waxed cloths come complete with a characteristic 'antique' semi creased finish.